CA Bill Of Sale For Transfer of Ownership of a Vehicle

Ca Bill of Sale Use REG 262 Brown DMV Form.

CA Bill Of SaleThe most common transfer of ownership / bill of sale is a REG 262 Vehicle/Vessel Transfer and Reassignment Form. Just fill in all the information and make sure there are signatures from both the seller and the buyer. At the bottom of the REG 262 Transfer of Ownership form there is a section where you give the seller power of attorney. Dealers have their customer sign this so that when they are preparing the paperwork they can sign on the customers behalf on the back of the title. Makes for a much smoother process.

There is a section on this form where you can write that you are giving this vehicle to someone as a gift and waive the sales tax.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply